The Luxalon® 84R Sun Louvre system is a real classic, used for applications on straight, curved or angled façades. The product has an elegant and light appearance with nicely rounded edges.
• Roll formed aluminium panels of 84 mm wide
• Coil coated with UV and scratch resistant Luxacote® coating, available in 14 standard colours. Other colours on request.
• Panels in fixed position on a variety of stringers with different louvre inclination, which determine the amount of outward and inward vision
• A variety of carrier systems with fixed or variable modules are available allowing the optimal shading solution for its application
• The Luxalon® 84R Sun Louvre system can be installed in four ways:
– Projected horizontally at the top of the glazed area or roof edges
– Angled projection to give even greater shading
– Positioned vertically
– Combination of horizontal and vertical
– Bent or curved to follow the shape of the building
• Panels can be connected to achieve visually continuous lines
• Corner solutions are available
• The system can also be used as a ventilated façade system covering for example installations on rooftops or staircases
– Horizontal projected 84R Sun Louvre system For high sun angles the horizontal application assures a constant and reliable sun control system during sunny periods.
– Angled projection 84R Sun Louvre system For high and medium sun angles, sloped applications give even more shade.
– Vertical 84R Sun Louvre system For lower sun angles, the vertical application allows a reliable sun control system with good visibility to the outside.
– Combined 84R Sun Louvre system The best sun protection can be obtained using a horizontal or angled louvre in combination with a vertical 84R Sun Louvre. Maximum inside and outside visibility can be obtained using this solution.
– Freedom in design Horizontal and vertical elements are not always the most suitable solution. With the Luxalon® 84R Sun Louvre system the panels can be bent or curved to follow the shape of the building.
Horizontal and vertical elements are not always the most suitable solution. With the Luxalon® 84R Sun Louvre system the panels can be bent or curved to follow the shape of the building.
The wide variety of stringers, carrier rail types and brackets with the different accessories allow different ways to configure the 84R Sun Louvre system. The wall/façade mounts are usually designed and manufactured by the installer, a standard bracket is available.
Luxalon® 84R Sun Louvre system allows easy and quick installation with very few tools. The C-shaped panels lock onto the brackets/stringers with a positive click. Once the steel brackets have been fitted to the façade, the carrier profiles with brackets/stringers are easily fixed. The fascia (option) is fixed to the ends of the carrier profiles. Finally, the C-shaped panels are fitted to the carrier profiles in full length sections; cutting is only necessary at the end of the façade. The bracket/stringer allows the panel to be snapped into place with no tool required.
– Panel Span
The panel span in relation to the wind load (pressure or suction), can be calculated from the graph below.
There are two graphs per wind load type based on the application. If a continuous Sun Louvre system is used the ‘3 carriers or more’ graph should be used. If only ‘2 carriers’ are used, use the ‘2 carriers’ graph. Snow load calculations are identical to the calculations for wind load.
Snow load calculations are identical to the calculations for wind load.
– Carrier Span
Before establishing the fixing distance for the carriers, the load per linear metre of carrier must be determined by using one of the following formulae:
The carrier span (fixing centres) can be read from the graph in the same way as the panel span.
Note: Calculating the value of the local wind load is the responsibility of the installer who must taking into account the regulations laid down by local authorities. For corners, roof edges or special designs, wind pressure/suction will be determined with due consideration of the relevant local country’s Standard Code of Building Practice.
– Carrier systems
A variety of carrier systems are available allowing the optimal solution for their application.
• The fixed SL-2/3/4/5 stringers
• The self supporting extruded carrier system SLR-10/40/60/60V/100 with adjustable panel brackets
• The stringer can also be mounted on the SLR carrier rail
– Corner solutions
There is a solution for every corner angle, some standard configurations are shown.
– Base Material
Luxalon® 84R Sun Louvre panels are roll formed from 0.6 mm thick pre-painted stove enamelled aluminium strip of a corrosion resistant alloy EN-AW-3005 or equivalent (according to EN1396 and ECCA). All aluminium products can be recycled for the full 100% requiring very little energy.
Luxalon® has developed special products for the exterior environment which have properties capable of meeting the severe requirements of external use. The products come with a special high quality surface treatment: Luxacote®. The panels get a unique finishing touch with our own industrial coil coating processes. Independent tests have proven the excellent characteristics of Luxacote®.
• Colour and gloss stability. The topcoat contains a solid UV filter which provides optimum colourfastness
• Abrasion resistance. The topcoat also offers excellent resistance against scratches and the fine structure hides minor damage incurred during installation
• Corrosion resistance. The alloy and pre-treatment ensure optimal corrosion resistance. Luxalon® products have been subjected to real-life test as well as laboratory corrosion and UV tests
– Luxalon® Colour Range
There is a wide standard colour range for Luxalon® 84R Sun Louvres. See the Luxalon® Exterior colour program. Other (RAL or NCS) colours available on request.
Solar Protection Tool
In order to design the optimal Sun Control System for buildings Luxalon® has developed a Solar Protection Tool. This tool takes into consideration the orientation of the façade and the position of the building. It shows the sun and its shading during the day and throughout the year in and on the building. These calculations are made for projects by our project support team.
For additional information contact the Luxalon® sales office.
Product specifications are available in digital format.